Wakefield, MI 49938
Pet Sales Contract / Agreement & Health Guarantee
This contract is between _______________________________________________, hereinafter referred to as SELLER and
____________________________________________________________________ hereinafter referred to asBUYER(s).
Phone: ___________________________________ E-Mail:______________________________________
Seller agrees to sell Buyer a puppy born ________________________ Breed ________________________
Sire: _____________________________________ Dam: _______________________________________
For the sum of: _______________________________ Male Female Color: ____________________________
Mattila Poms agrees puppy is free of life threatening genetic defects, warranty is lifetime. Mattila Poms also has a lifetime return policy.
Mattila Poms (hereinafter known as seller) agrees to sell and Buyer (name above in customer information section) agrees to buy the puppy as described above for the purchase of noted above AND agree to
1. The puppy is being sold as Pet only OR with full registration and breeding rights depending on the owners choice.
2. The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy/dog parasite free and up to date with vaccinations, proper nutrition, which consists of good quality feed given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision. The seller strongly recommends that the puppy/dog be micro chipped or tattooed in order to facilitate his return if lost or stolen.
3. The puppy shall not be bred unless it shall first 1) have been x-rayed and certified clear of hip dysplasia by OFA or other competent individual or organization, 2) have been certified clear of hereditary eye disease by a canine ophthalmologist, and 3) have displayed good herding ability, or shall it be bred to a bitch or dog who does not meet these same three conditions.
4. The buyer agrees to contact the seller immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, health or training. The Buyer agrees to keep the seller informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the Breeder/Seller with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health of our dogs for future generations The buyer agrees to send photos & updates of the puppy to the seller-atleast yearly.
5. It is understood at the time of sale that this is a quality dog and it is representative of its breed. It is structurally and temperamentally suited as companion and/or obedience dog. Training classes are recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family. We do not guarantee size or color of any puppy because they change so much.
6. The seller gives a general health guarantee. Seller warrants that the above-described puppy is in good health at the time Buyer assumes ownership. At expense of Buyer, Buyer must have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 3 days of receipt of puppy to ensure a wonderful vet/buyer relationship. Failure to do so will void all guarantees on the puppy. If, as a result of the examination, the veterinarian determines that the puppy is not in good health, then Buyer may return the puppy to the Seller for a full refund of the puppy purchase price minus $300 deposit (within 24 hours after the exam), not including shipping, return costs or veterinary bills. If the buyer declines to bring the puppy back no refund will be given. Hypoglycemia must be prevented by the buyer who agrees to do so. Intestinal parasites found worldwide so 100% parasite free cannot be promised. We do however have a strict deworming protocol in an effort to make our puppies parasite free. Written verification by the veterinarian of any disease found must be presented to the Seller prior to return of the puppy. The buyer assumes full responsibility for the puppy's health and development. (NOTE: Guarantee is void if Buyer does not complete all the necessary puppy hood vaccinations, deworming and give heartworm medication as directed by your veterinary and also if buyer fails to have the puppy examined within 72 hours after receipt of puppy. All of Mattila Poms puppies are dewormed every 2 weeks from birth and receive at least one, if not two puppy vaccinations before leaving.)
If the Pomeranian is found to have a life threatening illness that will cause death the buyer must notify the breeder at once with the following information: 1.) Date Pomeranian was examined 2.) Name, address and phone number of the licensed Veterinarian who examined the Pom 3.) The diagnosis and all medical records. 4.) Autopsy if needed **** PLEASE NOTE If the buyer decides to have the Pomeranian treated for illness and/or euthanized instead of returning the Pom for the breeder to bring to the vet, the breeder will not be held responsible for any Veterinary bills or refund and this guarantee becomes VOID! ****
7. The seller guarantees the puppy is free of life threatening "genetic defects". Warranty is lifetime. Hereditary and genetic defects are determined by the examination and confirmation of two veterinarians. All costs of the veterinary examination and any other charges will be absorbed by the buyer. (Note: We do not breed any dogs with a known genetic defect. We try very hard to adhere to AKC breed standards and people are welcome to visit us and view our parents and puppies prior to purchase.)
If said puppy develops a life threatening genetic condition, Mattila Poms upon receiving documentation of the veterinary reports will provide Buyer with one of the following options:
a. Buyer may return the puppy to Seller (as soon as possible) and receive a replacement puppy of like quality (but not the same breeding) from the next available litter. Costs and related expenses of returning the puppy to Seller shall be Buyer's sole obligation.
b. Buyer may keep the puppy (provide proof of spay or neuter and receive documentation of vet bills) and receive one-quarter (1/4) of its stated purchase price (excluding shipping or veterinary bills)
8. Buyer agrees that he/she is not acting as an agent in the purchase of this puppy and that the puppy will reside at the home of the Buyer. The puppy will have access to a fenced yard (or harness/constant supervision while outside), will not be chained or tethered and will be provided with proper housing, diet, exercise. and veterinary care. The Buyer agrees to provide necessary vaccinations and adequate health care including proper dental care, heartworm medication, etc for the life of this puppy. Yearly check-ups and booster vaccinations are required and should be brought up-to-date on the health record provided at the time of purchase. Buyer also agrees to keep the puppy in a safe environment and not allow this puppy to run at large under any circumstances. Failure to do so will void the warranty.
9. If, for any reason, Buyer is unable to keep this pup. At the expense of Buyer, the puppy shall be returned to Seller's possession and control, and Buyer shall execute all necessary documents to transfer ownership back to Seller. Seller agrees to refund Buyer an amount not in excess of the original purchase price (as listed on the first page of this contract) and such refund will occur only at such time as Seller is able to place puppy and only in the amount that Seller is able to receive for such puppy. This does NOT guarantee that Seller can place said puppy for an amount equal to the original purchase price as indicated in Item 1, page 1 of this Agreement. Seller is under no obligation to personally make up the difference between the purchase price of the puppy and the amount received for re-placement of said puppy. If the Seller is unable to place the puppy for money, the Buyer waives any right to remuneration for said puppy and Seller is under no obligation to refund any monies to Buyer.
ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS: If buyer of this puppy is ever charged with animal cruelty/neglect against said puppy, a fine of $2500 shall be immediately paid by buyer to the national humane society and buyer agrees to NEVER own another animal or shall be fined $2500 quarterly.
THIS CONTRACT IS MADE AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES TO ENSURE THE WELL-BEING AND PROTECTION OF THIS PUPPY. THIS CONTRACT CONSTITUTES THE FULL AGREEMENT BETWEEN BUYER AND SELLER. NO OTHER WARRANTY, VERBAL OR WRITTEN, IS IMPLIED. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND ANY LEGAL ACTION MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE COUNTY OF GOGEBIC , STATE OF MICHIGAN. READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BETWEEN BUYER & SELLER
Seller Signature: _______________________________________ Date: ____________________________
Buyer Signature: ________________________________________Date:____________________________